Acknowledgements & Recognitions
Direct Steel and Construction is honored to have received numerous recognitions for our mission to offer individualized commercial construction. Listed below are some major acknowledgments from the past several years
Awards & Recognitions
- Direct Steel & Construction recognized as State of Illinois Rising Star Award recipient (March 2019)
- Direct Steel & Construction Attends Ribbon Cutting at Olmstead Lock & Dam Project (August 2018) Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction highlights Crain's Chicago article "Will Chicago's Building Boom boost Women in Construction?" (August 2018) Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction invites you to meet the President, Rosemary Swierk (Oct 2017) Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction recognized during Chicago Sky’s Inspiring Women Night (August 2017)
- Direct Steel & Construction Featured in Women Impacting Public Policy
- Direct Steel & Construction Featured in NAWRB Magazine (June 2017) - Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction Featured in EW Magazine (June 2017)
- Direct Steel & Construction is recipient of the Leadership Award presented by Chicago Sky (June 2017) - Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction Featured in Chicago Women Magazine (May 2017)
- Direct Steel & Construction Featured in the Daily Herald Business Ledger (March 2017)
- Direct Steel & Construction President, Rosemary Swierk, was recognized with Women of Influence Award (March 2017) - Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction Awarded USACE Contract (February 2017) - Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction Published in Enterprising Women Magazine (Winter 2017) - Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction is the recipient of the Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) award (November 2016)
- Direct Steel & Construction Featured in Value Drivers BLOG (October 2016)
- Direct Steel & Construction Published in Enterprising Women Magazine (Summer 2016)
- Direct Steel & Construction Project Highlighted in Metal Construction News (August 2016)
- Direct Steel & Construction Project Highlighted in Chicago Tribune (May 2016)
- Direct Steel & Construction is awarded the Varco Pruden Building’s 2016 Hall of Fame Winner (March 2016)
- Direct Steel & Construction earned the 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Award (prestigious awards program recognizing the world’s top women entrepreneurs, Entertaining Women Magazine, January 2016)
- Direct Steel & Construction Featured Contractor in the McHenry County Business Journal Book of Lists (January 2015)
- Direct Steel & Construction President featured in “Lessons Learned” BLOG on Today’s Chicago Woman’s website (September 2014)
- Direct Steel & Construction President, Rosemary Swierk, awarded Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year (September 2014)
- Direct Steel & Construction recognized for the 10th anniversary as an authorized Varco Pruden Buildings Builder (June 2014)
- Direct Steel & Construction wins the Varco Pruden Buildings 2014 Hall of Fame award (March 2014)
- Direct Steel & Construction celebrates 10th anniversary (January 2014)
- Direct Steel & Construction Recognized by the Chicago Sun Times (September 2013)
- Direct Steel & Construction is the recipient of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) – Dorothy B. Brothers Scholarship to attend the 2013 Tuck WBENC Executive Program sponsored by IBM (August 2013)
- Varco Prudent presents Direct Steel & Construction with Builder Sales Volume Award (May 2013)
- Direct Steel and Construction recognized by Small Business Administration’ Regional Director (SBA) for accomplishments (March 2013)
- Direct Steel LLC recognized in the Business Journal’s PowerBook 2013 Book of Lists (January 2013)
- Direct Steel & Construction has been selected as one of 102 small businesses Sam’s Club is helping during the 2012 holiday season. Along with SCORE Foundation (Small Business Association), Sam’s Club is supporting customized training and providing $1,000 in merchandise to help us grow our small business (December 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction recognized as Honoree at Athena International convention (October 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction received a Certificate of Registration for U.S. Trademark of “Direct Steel” (October 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction awarded the Small Business Association SCORE Mentor program (September 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction participates in Groundbreaking for Dorr Township’s new office (August 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction was presented the Varco Pruden Buildings Hall of Fame plaque (August 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction president, Rosemary Swierk, presented Athena Powerlink Award (June 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction earned the Varco Pruden Buildings Hall of Fame award (April 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction nominated as Small Business Association’s SCORE Women-Owned Small Business of the Year (March 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction is authorized by American Institute of Architects to provide pre-engineered metal building presentations for educational credit (February 2012)
- Direct Steel & Construction highlighted within the DexOne produced video (October 2011)
- Direct Steel & Construction recognized in Today’s Chicago Woman’s magazine (May 2011) - Read More
- Direct Steel & Construction receives the Department of Commerce and Economic
Opportunity (DECO) contract (January 2011)
- Direct Steel & Construction is awarded the Women’s Business Development Center WBE of the Month (November 2010)
Speaking Engagements - Rosemary Swierk, President
- ChallengeHER Success Story: Rosemary Swierk, President, Direct Steel and Construction - Read More
- Presented during EPA, SBA & WBDC Women’s History Event as Featured Panelist (March 2018)
- Featured panelist at the National Association of REALTORS Conference (November 2017)
- Featured panelist at WIPP Conference sponsored by Department of Defense (July 2017)
- Featured panelist at WBDC/PTAC sponsored event (April 2017)
- Featured panelist at Procurement Technical Assistance Center & Women Business Development Center event (March 2017)
- Featured panelist at the 5th Annual Middle Market Manufacturing Investment Conference (February 2017)
- Featured panelist for the Secrets of Successful Women Entrepreneurs (September 2016)
- Featured panelist for the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce (September 2015)
- Featured panelist for the Illinois Diversity Council (May 2015)
- Featured speaker at Indiana University Business Forum (March 2015)
- Featured presenter at NSEN event (November 2014)
- Featured panelist for the Small Business Administration Contract Connections and ChallengeHER event (August 2014)
- Featured panelist for WBDC: Business Success
- Featured panelist for the Indiana University Chicago Advancement; Risk and Reward Event (May 2014)
- Represented at the WBENC Dallas Summit & Salute Conference (March 2018)
- Represented amongst the over 2,200 Alumni from Chicago & across the country attending the first-ever 10KSB National Alumni Summit in Washington, DC (Special Guests Included Warren Buffet, Lloyd Blankfein, Michael Bloomberg, Sara Blakely, Tyler Perry & many more)
- Represented at Capitol Hill (February 2018)
- Represented Small Business during SBDC Advisory Board Meeting (September 2017)
- Direct Steel & Construction President was appointed to Advisory Board (June 2016)
- Metal Builder Manufacturers Association (MBMA) Contractor Task Group Appointment (June 2015)
- Appointed to the State of Illinois Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) Advisory Board (October 2014)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) hosts round table at Direct Steel & Construction offices (April 2013)
- Direct Steel and Construction President Graduates from the SBA Emerging Leaders Program (October 2018)
- Direct Steel & Construction President graduates from the Dartmouth/Tuck Executive Program II (October 2017) - Read More
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation Renewed (April 2015)
- Dartmouth/Tuck Executive Program (October 2013)
- LEED Green Associate accreditation earned (June 2011)
- Awarded the Athena Power Link Program (May 2011)
- Represented as Founding Member of the Varco Pruden Buildings Green Advisory Board (May 2011)
Direct Steel and Construction is privileged to serve a multitude of clients in achieving their construction goals. Since 2004, Direct Steel has worked tirelessly to ensure the best experiences for businesses and government agencies. We take great pride in our work and are humbled by the many positive endorsements received over the years.
- "I have done 3 major construction / remodeling projects in my 21 years of business and had less than stellar experiences. My current project with Direct Steel is going so smoothly that I have to pinch myself to remind myself this is real. Direct’s team has been a true advocate for me and my project. They’ve listened and learned what I really need, they have given great advice, brought great partners to the table and executed everything in a timely, cost conscious and professional manner. I highly recommend Direct and would not dream of doing another project with anyone else!"
~ Andrea Herrera, Amazing Edibles Gourmet Catering
- "It’s been a pleasure working with Direct Steel on both of our major renovations in the last 7 years. Their attentiveness, communication and integrity is second to none. We look forward to working with them on our next major project, the complete renovation of Martin Chevrolet in Crystal Lake."
~ Todd Martin
- "The team at Direct fully understands our goals. Their services facilitated real and substantial contributions to all goals being met."
~ Mike, Fleetech Inc.
- Direct Steel provided thorough and invested service. Accommodating unique design and coordination conditions with the metal building package was undertaken with enthusiasm and resourcefulness."
~ Tom Meyer, Aspen Group Architects
- "Direct Steel was a godsend on this project. Thank you sincerely for the help you provided me. I doubt whether we could have wrapped up the project successfully without your good work early on. I will be looking for future opportunities to partner with you again."
~ Rob McElroy
- "While one may not initially think of construction as being a personal heartfelt experience, it is very personal when building a space you have dreamed of for years. To have your own plan become a reality, needs the attentive ear of the company doing the construction to not just build, but to create your masterpiece with their skill and work intertwined. The quality and confidence that working with Direct Steel… offered, is an invaluable resource when embarking on a project where success has such a personal value."
~ Drs. Preston and Liesl Kaye, Kaye Eyecare of Huntley, Ltd.
- "I’m grateful to have the opportunity to work with a team like yours and watch you succeed."
~ Tom Mazur Sr.
- I heard many many compliments about your presentation. I mentioned that one person said that you were the best speaker we have ever had at our group. Well done! Erik Hultman."
~ UberBlue Digital Media
- "It is always a great experience to work with Direct Steel on projects. They are very competitive and their proposals are detailed. They go the extra mile to assist when opportunities arise. With their knowledgeable Project Managers, I know the project will be completed right. I would highly recommend Direct Steel."
~ Marc Gilman, JJ Henderson
- "Big “Thank you” for the thoughtful, quality work you and your team did! Your commitment to the project and to helping us achieve our goal of a beautiful facility at a reasonable price was noteworthy!"
~ Denise Nash The Josselyn Center
- "Direct’s knowledge of the industry and up front communication style saved us time and money. We highly recommend Direct’s services."
~ Maud Borup, Inc.
- "Faced with budget and time constraints, Cobblestone sought the services of Direct Steel. With the building design in hand and as an authorized VP distributor, Direct Steel, LLC worked closely with Varco Pruden Buildings to provide structural design, which was quoted, supplied, delivered in only four weeks, and erected in a timely manner. Direct Steel provided professional and knowledgeable service for our Sports City Academy. The staff’s attention to our needs and detail allowed our goals to be accomplished. I readily recommend Direct Steel’s services."
~ Jack Porter, Cobblestone
- "I just wanted to let you know that I am very pleased with the work that — Direct Steel performed for our redesign. The space looks terrific. It is an amazing transformation. Thank you for your expertise and work with us. If you ever wish to use me as a reference, please do. We made the right decision in choosing you for our project!"
~ Nichols Aluminum
- "We have been fortunate enough to do a number of post construction cleans for Direct Steel over the years. They have their projects well thought out and orchestrated. They give us great notice of when the job will be done, so we can schedule and do our job in a professional manner. They are not a “last minute-rush to get it done” company. They do quality work and they are one of the most professional companies we have worked for in our 28 years in business. Working with them makes us look good. They are great." ~ John Pletz, President, ServiceMaster by Pletz
- "Provides great customer service and hands on management expertise."
- "Direct Steel, …was very responsive in meeting challenges during both the design and the construction phases of this complex project."
~ Frega Associates, Ltd. Architect
- "Very positive experiences working with Direct Steel and Construction. Responsive, knowledgeable, and a top-notch firm."
~ Roseanne Park- Jones
- "Because of Direct's commitment to delivering above and beyond contract requirements, it continues to sustain and fuel growth."
~ WDBC, Freida Curry
- "The team at Direct Steel and Construction is competent, experienced, and motivated to meet and exceed their customer's expectations in a timely, efficient, and professional manner."
~ Mike Ralph
- "Simply put, a unique atmosphere where a tremendous amount of effort is put fourth towards humbly sharing knowledge. A true team environment, completely committed to each and every customer!"
~ Dave Mata
- "The team at Direct fully understands our goals. Their services facilitated real and substantial contributions to all goals being met. Mike Fleetech Inc. Direct Steel provided thorough and invested service. Accommodating unique design and coordination conditions with the metal building package was undertaken with enthusiasm and resourcefulness."
~ Tom Meyer, Aspen Group Architects
- "Thank you for your continued excellent products and services."
~ Bob Moser, Unilock Chicago, Inc.
- "Direct offers refreshingly impressive holistic approach to construction projects. I’ve witnessed the substantial benefits of this approach. My clients were certainly the beneficiaries of aligned scope, budget, schedule, quality and safety."
– Brian LeVay, Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC
“I plan to continue working with Direct as you have been awesome to work with."
~ Scott Schnurr, DRF Trusted Property Solutions”
"Direct Steel provided thorough and invested service. Accommodating unique design and coordination conditions with the metal building package was undertaken with enthusiasm and resourcefulness."